Natalie knits on some socks while she watches the girls swim.
This week’s episode is brought you you by…
Stash-A Place For Yarn is located on The 600 Block in the Central Arts District of downtown St Pete. Stash is nestled among an eclectic array of boutiques, restaurants and art galleries. It is the place for luxury yarns, classes and connecting with other fiber lovers. Paty Lyon’s will be teaching several classes in Dec. Check out the website at stashstpete.com.
Main Street Gallery is a local art and craft studio and offers a variety of services for individuals and businesses including custom screen printing, vinyl decals, graphic design, t shirts, custom artwork, murals and much more. Main Street Gallery carries products from local artists and crafters including hand knitted items and cigar box guitars.
This week’s segments include Master Status, Master Plan, In our Hands, Masterpieces, Craft with Us, Study Hall, Simply Selfie, and Comfort Zone.
Master Status (2:31):
Alicia knit swatch 10 and learned how to decrease on the wrong side. She blocked all swatches she has knit thus far.
Natalie finished a couple more swatches. She has 2 more to do now and the mitten. She also picked up some books from the library to prep for the written report and research.
Master Plan (5:11):
Natalie is going to get started on the questions and essay. She is also going to work on her last 2 swatches. Alicia plans to continue Swatches
Alicia is moving along on socks knit with Mint Rain sock yarn in Rainbow
In our hands (7:56):
- Sock Recipe: A Good Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl McPhee in Twist Sock from Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns in Rainbow colorway. 80% merino, 20% Nylon
- Top down sock using the fish lips kiss heel in Mint Rain Hand Dyed Self Striping Twist Sock in her Great Pumpkin colorway.
- Crackerjack by Stacey Simpson Duke using Knitpicks Swish DK in White, Honey, Dusk, Twilight.
- Uncle's Christmas Stocking by Dorene Delaney Giordano using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Sport in white and Amethyst Heather.
- Spinning for Charms OWL for the HPKCHC that is going to be about 900 yards of a 2 ply laceweight.
Alicia finally has a picture of her Harvest Cardigan by Tin Can Knits
Master Pieces (22:46):
- Sock Recipe: A Good Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl McPhee using Knit Picks Stroll in Dill Heather Colorway incorporating the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist.
- Bristol Hat by Amy Christoffers using Knitpicks Capretta in the Caviar colorway.
- Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure in Patons Kroy Sock in the Fiesta Jacquard colorway.
Craft with Us (26:30):
ElvesWorkshopalong: A craft along where we are encouraging our listeners to start crafting early for the holidays so they can relax and enjoy the season.
To view details about how to enter, visit the thread on ravelry here.
Please check out and support these sponsors who have been gracious enough to donate to our Elvesworkshopalong.
Rainstorm Studios Etsy - Closed Sept 3rd through Sept 8th and will open with a new update. Use code: ELVES2015 for 15% off through November 30, 2015
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns: ELVESWORKSHOP 15% until nov
Sew for Ewe on etsy masteringtheknits15 for 10% off to run from sept 1- nov 30th
Erin.lane bagsELVES15. FOR 15% the entire shop
KnittyKittybags on Etsy elves2015. 20% and active until 12/1/2015.
Stash-A Place for Yarn: FiberSeed10. 2 10$ giftcards
New one this week: KnittingDaddy has donated a copy of his pattern Scrappy Sock yarn Preemie Hat as well as some Fiberseed seedlings to make it. He is also currently hosting a KAL in his ravelry group and can find a link to it in the shownotes page. (Details...Dates of KAL: October 1, 2015 - November 17, 2015 -- any hat finished during this window is eligible.
- What to knit: the Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat , in any size, with any yarn, incorporating any modifications.
- Post a picture of your hat in the FO thread. Each finished hat can be a separate post. So the more hats you knit, the better chances you have of winning a prize.
- Tag your Ravelry projects and social media posts (Instagram, Twitter, etc.) with the #ScrappyPreemieHatKAL hashtag.
Natalie is teaching a toe up afterthought heel sock class this weekend at Stash a place for yarn.
Alicia will be teaching a beginner Knitting October 20th and October 27th at Toronto Public Library. 6-8pm.
Simply Selfie (30:27):
Alicia talks about her new finished space.
Natalie talk about things at work and doing little things around the house. She has been enjoying soccer with Carmen and the girls have been swimming in their little pool. She talks about hanging out with her local knitting friends and visiting Criativity, a semi local yarn store.
Comfort zone (45:48):
Alicia talks about the joys of a friend’s first hat. Check her out aelemasters2 on ravelry, comment on her project to keep her going!
Natalie has been running!! Way to go Natalie.
Thank you for joining us for episode 21 of Mastering the Knits. We’d like to thank our sponsors Stash a place for Yarn and Main Street Gallery and also all our SantaSponsors who have donated to the ElvesWorkshopalong. You can find shownotes at masteringtheknitspodcast.com or on our ravelry group Mastering the Knits Podcast. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter @MtKnitsPodcast and Instragram as Mastering_the_knits_podcast. Alicia is knottyknitter17 on Ravelry, Twitter, Instagram. Natalie can be found as barknknit on twitter, Instagram, and ravelry.
Check out this episode!